Coronavirus Covid 19 Policy
As the impact of COVID-19 broadens, we would like to make you aware of our response. Our priority as always, is to support the health and welfare of our customers and staff. We can confirm that we are following the current advice from Public Health England.
It is therefore, with great sadness, we announce the temporary closure of our pawnbrokers and jewellery shops, with immediate effect.
Clients may be concerned about items they have pawned at our stores. PLEASE DO NOT WORRY. Even though we have been forced to temporarily close because of the virus outbreak :
- your items will be securely stored as normal
- we will re-open as soon as possible
- updates will be provided on this web-page – please check relevant pages for what this closure means for payment on your pledged items.
- pawned items which “run out” (pass their redemption date) during a period of forced closure will NOT be sold in that time. We will allow an extended period (at least two weeks) after we re-open in which clients may reclaim any pawned items that “ran out” during closure.
- we will consider special requests that take account of individual circumstances.
- NO PLEDGED ITEMS WILL BE SOLD DURING THIS PERIOD
The customer service team are no longer in office, for their safety. However, we will endeavour to respond to emails as and when it is safe and possible to do so.
The Miltons family of pawnbrokers have been serving the North West for over 100 years. We aim to serve you now as best we can, but please bear with us in these testing times.
Our thoughts are with all who have been affected by COVID-19. We send our deepest regards to those in the NHS who are doing their upmost for the nation as we tackle this crisis together.
It will still be possible to purchase items from the website, however we will not be able to process any orders for the foreseeable. This will be reviewed regularly.
Stay safe, stay home and support one another,